Stormwater Finance Forum
Held at the University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH
Read about the Forum:
Water as a Resource: Financing Opportunities and Challenges for Municipal Stormwater Management
Effective stormwater management is a challenging, yet increasingly important, component of municipal water systems. Municipalities can realize long-term savings and achieve social benefits with an integrated water management approach. This forum highlighted tools, financing options, and local examples to address stormwater compliance costs and help municipalities become more financially and environmentally resilient.
Forum topics covered integrated stormwater management for municipalities including:
- Maximizing the economic and social value of municipal water resources, and minimizing the costs of stormwater control;
- Financing strategies that leverage a variety of public and private funding sources to help municipalities pay for stormwater related programs;
- Practical steps to accurately estimate short- and long-term municipal stormwater needs;
- Practical and realistic perspectives from municipalities on the maintenance and costs associated with LID installments;
- The importance of a collaborative process that starts early and includes elected officials, decision makers, and community stakeholders to identify and support program champions.
For more information, please contact email@example.com, or Martha Sheils at (207) 228-8164.